8 Ways to Use Video to Promote Your Business
To be competitive in today’s online market, your marketing strategy must contain video. It’s a powerful form of content, which is rapidly becoming the primary marketing tool of choice for many small businesses.
That's because videos showcase your and your company's personality. They convey, in images, what you and your mission/vision are all about. They demonstrate both authenticity and authority online. They communicate valuable content in a format that engages your prospects. They let people in, they connect, so that people get to know you.
Business owners who use video for marketing purposes have cited an increase in sales, lead generation, website use, improved customer relations and more. It definitely pays to take advantage of video to spread your marketing message.
Here are 8 ways you can use videos to promote your business and take advantage of this powerful tool.
- Education - Use video to educate your market on the use of your products. Lead them towards the sale by answering their most frequently asked questions and objections.
- Case Studies - If you’re involved in some kind of before-and-after (website design, fitness, SEO, etc.), case studies are an excellent way to demonstrate your expertise. Seeing an example helps the potential customer understand exactly what impact your service or product can have on their business.
- Testimonials - There’s nothing more powerful than actually hearing people share their success. It has more power than a print testimonial in many cases because they can hear the success story from the metaphorical "horse’s mouth." Ask your customers or clients to give you quick 1-minute videos of their feedback. You can also interview them about your business for a more structured testimonial.
- Product Reviews - Video brings an added element to product reviews, particularly if you’re reviewing a physical product. But hearing you talk about a book or piece of software is effective, too.
- Webinars - If you provide webinars or other video presentations to your market, capture them via video and offer a replay to generate leads or even sell as a product.
- Commercial - Done correctly (meaning compelling with a clear call to action), commercials for your product or service can be very effective.
- Business Overview - One of the first things many people look for is who they are buying from and what they stand for. Let your potential customers learn about you and your business through a business overview.
- Get to Know You - Tell your story that led you to create your business. Introduce viewers to your team. Take them on a tour of your office. There are many ways with video that you can help your prospects get to know you. And the more people know, like and trust you, the more likely they are to buy from you.
As you can see from the list above, there are many ways to use video to promote your business. Just creating video is not the only step to effective marketing. You must craft a video that responds to the wants and needs of your market.
They are looking for solutions to problems and questions. It’s your job to figure out how to use a video to solve issues, answer questions, provide the right solutions and lead them to the next step.
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications